Welcome to our Conference!
Being an ESTA exhibitor not only positions your brand as a leader in the world of music and strings, but also gives you access to thousands of decision-makers and musicians with real buying potential. Present your products and services to your ideal customers.
Every year, companies walk away with powerful leads and enjoy an unparalleled marketing opportunity. Be among this year’s ESTA success stories.
This is a great way to generate immediate on-site sales, introduce new products and services; Strengthen your company brand; Keep abreast of advances in the music industry.
The ESTA Portugal Branch is delighted to be hosting the 48th International ESTA Conference from April 16th to 20th 2020, at the Superior School of Music and Performing Arts, Porto, Portugal.
Porto is a coastal city in northwest Portugal known for its stately bridges and port wine production. It is the second largest city in the country, where history meets modernity with a good infrastructure and a diverse cultural life that portrays the dynamism of the city. It was the city of the highly acclaimed early 20th century cellist Guilhermina Suggia, and has many music schools covering all levels and idioms. The centennial Conservatory created, in 1947, the city’s first Symphony Orchestra which has grown into the current Orquestra Sinfónica do Porto housed at the internationally renowned Casa da Música Foundation.
The conference will take place in the main building of the ESMAE campus (Escola Superior de Música e Artes do Espetáculo). A majestic 19th century building built as a teacher training college. Its main theatre, intimate concert hall and grand flexible spaces make it the perfect location for presentations, workshops, exhibitions, networking and socialising.
Escola Superior de Música e Artes do Espetáculo: Rua da Alegria, 503, 4000-045 Porto, Portugal
There are many hotels, hostels and apartments near ESMAE as well as within walking distance in the historical centre of Porto. We suggest an online search “near ESMAE, Porto” for example on www.booking.com.
Who will attend
String teachers and players. Each day of the conference there will be a full schedule of presentations, workshops and lectures by leading teachers and performers from all over Europe and beyond, together with a series of unmissable concerts. The conference theme is “Bridges between research and practice” creating an opportunity for the 250-300 attendees to assess and rethink their approach to teaching. A perfect environment for promoting your product.
Portugal is a fast-growing market for all things strings. We estimate that we now have more than 25,000 string pupils, 2,000 teachers and 700 full-time orchestral musicians. It is a growth profession that seeks innovation, development, improvement, and most of all nurturing. That means an important opportunity for promoting, marketing and publicising your products and your company.
Dates and Opening times for Exhibitors
The exhibitors halls will only be open for 3 days of the 5 day conference. This is to maximise the cost/profit for the exhibitors.
Thursday 16th April | The exhibitors hall spaces will be open for meet and greet and coffee breaks. You are invited to set up your space in the afternoon.
Friday 17th-Sunday 19th April | Exhibitors Hall opening ceremony Friday 17th. Closing ceremony Sunday 19th (times will be confirmed soon).
All coffee breaks, snack lunches and mini recitals take place in the exhibitors halls.
Monday 20th April | The exhibitors hall spaces will be open for meet and greet and coffee breaks. You are invited to take down your space in the morning.
Exhibitor information and support
Each exhibiting company will receive recognition on the Conference website, in conference emails, in the official conference program and on social media.
We are happy to be able to offer all exhibitors 1 complimentary conference registration, 50% off a 2nd registration.
We also invite you to supply us with a promotional gift or information that can be included in the Conference tote bags that will be handed out to all attendees.
Promotion begins as soon as your exhibition choice is confirmed, and we receive your logo.
The 2 daily coffee breaks, a snack lunch and daily mini recitals will take place in the exhibitor halls. It will be open Friday-Sunday with opening and closing ceremonies. The Exhibit halls are in a prime location. (See map below). We estimate there will be 250-300 attendees at the conference who will be constantly drawn into the exhibitor halls by the catering and recitals. Exhibitors are invited for the whole conference and will have access to the hall for set up on the Thursday afternoon and clearing on the Monday morning.
If you need to send product before the conference you are welcome to do so. It will be received and safely stored. Please let us know at the time of booking.
In addition, you may like to consider advertising your products in our Official Conference Program or booking a Showcase Session. A showcase session gives you the opportunity to share your expertise with attendees and potential customers, highlight your products and services, and increase visibility for your business. Please let us know if you would like more information.
Hazel Veitch (Marketing office)
We provide a table (120cmX60cm) with 2 chairs, wifi and access to electricity – 400€.
Early bird price of 300€ until February 20th.
If you need a larger space and/or wall space to fix posters etc., please let us know at the time of booking.
Terms & Conditions
1.Application and Payment
- Booking is only confirmed on receipt of proof of payment
- Payment will be taken by bank transfer
ASSOCIACAO ESTA PORTUGAL:
Bank: Caixa Geral de Depósitos
IBAN: PT50 0035 0123 00134993330 81
- The organisers reserve the right not to accept bookings for any reason, and to relet space if not paid in full by due date.
2. Cancellation Policy
- In the event of cancellation by the organiser, any payments made will be refunded in full, but no liability is accepted for any other loss.
- Any exhibitor who cancels before the 20th of March will receive a full refund. Cancellations made after that date will incur the full fee. All cancellations must be made in writing.
- All exhibitors are advised to have their own insurance.
- The organisers take no responsibility for any accidental loss or damage, or theft that may occur at the event.
4. Exhibitor Hall Times
- Access to setup in the venue will be available between 14.00-19.00pm on Thursday the 16th of April. Alternative arrangements can be agreed upon prior to the event by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delegates will have access to the hall from 10.00am on 17th Friday 2020.
- From 17th – 19th April 2020 the hall will be open from 10.00am – 16.30pm (9am for staff)
- THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO ACCESS TO THE EXHIBITORS HALL FOR EXHIBITORS WITHOUT THE CORRECT PASSES AND PAPERS, CONFIRMING THAT THEIR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
- The organising committee reserve the right to close the stand, without compensation, of any person who infringes these conditions or who creates a nuisance to other traders.
- The organisingcommittee reserves the right to close access to the site, at any time, in response to any health & safety or security issues.
- The exhibit Hall will be locked every night at the end of trading and security will police the building 24hours.The European String Teachers’ Association and ESTA 2020 accept no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage of goods or monies.
- No monies should be left on the premises unattended.
6. Application Process
- Please contact Hazel Veitch (Marketing office) at email@example.com or 00351 917283823 to apply.
- You will be notifiedif your application has been successful and which space you have been allocated.
- Booking is only confirmed on receipt of proof of payment.